Hiring Process OutlineThe following steps outline the overall hiring process at MedStar:
- Complete the on-line employment application and other required documents. (Applications will only be accepted for open positions.)
- A job-related assessment will then be sent to you via email once the application and forms have been fully completed. You must score in an acceptable range to continue with the process, as the assessment is a good indicator of whether or not you will be a good match for the environment at MedStar. This is important to ensure the success of both you and MedStar.
- Upon successful completion of the assessment test, your application will be reviewed for work history, background information and to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications for the job for which you are applying.
- Provided your application passes this review, it will then be determined if additional pre-employment testing is required for the job for which you are applying. If so, you will be notified of this via email and contacted to schedule this testing or given instructions via email on how to access the required tests on-line.
- If no additional pre-employment testing is required, you will then be scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager, which may include a panel interview.
- If after the interview (and other testing if required), it is determined that you are a match for MedStar, you will be notified by phone. Immediately following, a criminal background check, including driving record (only for those positions requiring driving) and past employment reference check will be conducted.
- If background and reference results are favorable, an offer for employment will be extended which will be contingent upon results of pre-employment physical, drug test, lift test (if applicable), and immunization requirements.
- If all medical requirements are met, the offer will be confirmed, and you will be scheduled to begin employment, typically on the next scheduled New Hire Orientation/Academy date.
- All new employees are required to attend New Hire Orientation and then continue with applicable required training/academy for their respective jobs.