PARAMEDIC & EMT HIRING PROCESS
- The first step is to submit your completed application online. You must turn in ALL the required documents along with your application in order to be considered for a Hiring Process.
- Once your application is complete and approved, you will be scheduled for a Hiring Process. You will receive an official invitation with instructions for preparation for the day of the hiring process.
- The Hiring Proces is an interviewing and selection process that includes multiple stations consisting of a panel interview, physical agility test (PAT), clinical scenario and an electronic national standards exam. All candidates are evaluated at their highest level of training.
- If we receive satisfactory results after you complete all of the assessments, we then make a conditional offer of employment. The offer is contingent upon the applicant passing a pre-placement health screening which consists of a standard physical, drug test and TB test and background/employment verification.
- If the applicant successfully completes the pre-placement screening their employment starts at the next new hire orientation. If there are no vacant positions available upon completion of these steps you will be placed on a waiting list for upcoming academies.
- Orientation runs for approximately 3-4 weeks, it is not held on weekends or MedStar recognized holidays.
- After the completion of the new hire orientation program (NEOP), newly hired field employees will ride third person with a Field Training Officer (FTO) for approximately 8-weeks of field training before being released to an available shift.
UPCOMING HIRING PROCESS DATES
- January 9, 2018 (Feb. 12 NEOP)
- March 6, 2018 (Apr. 16 NEOP)
- April 24, 2018 (June 11 NEOP)
- June 28, 2018 (Aug. 6 NEOP)
- August 23, 2018 (Oct. 8 NEOP)
UPCOMING NEW HIRE ORIENTATION DATES
- February 12, 2018
- April 16, 2018
- June 11, 2018
- August 6, 2018
- October 8, 2018